Saturday, May 12, 2012

Seeking Remedies

Diego-san had another trip to the vet yesterday to have his... (psssst) anal glands looked up.  Sure enough they were full again and had to be expressed.  I did some research afterward and read that it usually isn't good to have a cat's anal glands expressed regularly because it affects the muscles down there, and it can be a sign of some other issue.  I'm going to do further research on a probable change in his diet.

He was a trooper though- hardly complained at all during the entire trip/ordeal.

4 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Well, it sounds humiliating, but it proly felt good when it was over.

The Island Cats said...

I hope you can figure out why this keeps happening. I have a friend who had his cat's anal glands removed. I can't recall what prompted this, but I know it's not something that is typically done.

Island Cats' mom

Shaggy and Scout said...

Diego-san hang in there. Hopefully something can be found to help you.

Joan said...

Poor Diego-san. Have you checked out Woody's Pet Food Deli, www.woodyspetdeli.com, location in St. Paul? I've had great success with meat diet for my kitties and foster kitties.