Wednesday, December 09, 2009

True Teamwork

Diego-san's one assigned chore in this house is to catch any bug that should make its way into the house. He's pretty darn impressive at doing his job- usually seeing a bug long before I do.

Two nights ago Diego spotted a fly flying around the bedroom ceiling light. It was late and I tried to catch the fly but couldn't. I told Diego we'd get the fly in the morning, shutoff the lights and tried to go to bed. Diego was having none of it. He stood there on my stomach looking up toward the light fixture.

The next morning I tried to find the fly but couldn't. A little later on Thompson was upstairs with me and I saw him looking at the light fixture. So I looked closely and sure enough saw the fly. This time I was able to catch it and dispose of it. When Diego came upstairs I broke him the good news that Thompson and I teamed up to catch the fly.

He didn't seem too impressed.

3 comments:

Rupert said...

GOOD TEAMWORK catching that fly!!!

Paws 'n Claws,
Rupert

Daisy said...

Better luck next time, Diego!

Shaggy and Scout said...

That is Scouts job too and he takes it quite seriously.