Thursday, March 12, 2009

Something for Everyone

For Christmas I bought the boyz a fancy scratching post that has a space that they can crawl into and swat cloth mice that are hung in some holes. I put the gift out and since I had just returned from out of town I went up to do some unpacking. When I came back downstairs to see how the boyz liked their new gift I found Theo and Thompson more curious about the state of their empty dinner dish. So I went to feed the boyz not seeing Diego-san anywhere in sight. I figured he'd come running out when he heard the food being dumped in his dinner dish. I went back to the living room to find a good permanent spot to place the new scratching post. When I picked it up I was surprised at how sturdy it seemed. I hadn't realized it was that well made. When I put it down I realized why it was heavier than I remembered. Diego was sitting happily inside.

Since then Theo is the only one to consistently use the scratching pad. Thompson likes to stand on top of the post. Diego-san loves to occupy the hiding space. I'm glad the gift has turned out to be not only popular, but versatile.

2 comments:

Parker said...

It's always good when a kitty gift has more than one use!

Cliff and Olivia said...

What an utterly cool implement. We want one!

Humaaaaaaans!!!