Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bail Please

Diego-san is a cat that doesn't believe in a lot of rules. And I don't think I impose that many in the house. I don't allow the boyz behind the TV where all the electic wires are; I don't allow the boyz in the kitchen sink where all the dirty dishes are; there's no stealing the other boyz's meals. Other than that the only other rule (seldom enforced) is no waking me before the alarm clock goes off. Still with this limited set of rules I think Diego often feels like he's living in a metaphorical jail where his freedom has been restricted. In his heart, he's a feline anarchist.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

And it is so much harder to break out of a metaphorical jail, too!

Everycat said...

Maybe a cat nip cake with a file baked inside would help?

Mrs. Clemms said...

Gizmo looks like that when she is sitting by the kids' gate to the livingroom. She always looks so sad. So, I have to let her in for a bit before the boys try to attack her with pettings.
~April

meemsnyc said...

Diego-san, you are good for not waking up your bean before the alarm clock. Dante loves to wake up at 4am and walk on our stomaches. Sigh.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

That wake-up rule NEVER works with me. it's usually sometime between 2.30 and 4.30am that I demand to play and let out.