Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Modern Guilt

Went and saw one of my favorite artists, Beck, play. It was a great show that included a killer version of last spring's best single "Timebomb," a cover of Dylan's "Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat," and my favorite Beck song, "Lost Cause."

"Lost Cause" is a great breakup song, one of the saddest I've ever heard. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. Beck did an abbreviated acoustic version singing at the upper end of his vocal range. Quite moving...

At the end of the performance I got a text message from J, the girl I just said goodbye to. She asked if I was at the concert. I was surprised she made it- she said she wasn't going even though Beck is her favorite artist. I was so glad that she changed her mind and came to the show although texting during the concert made me feel like an aging hipster doofus.

Setlist
Loser / Nausea / Girl / Timebomb / Minus / Soul of a Man / Chemtrails / Mixed Bizness / Nicotine & Gravy / Que Onda Guero / Hell Yes / Clap Hands / Black Tambourine / Devils Haircut / Orphans / Think I’m in Love / Walls / Missing / The Golden Age / Lost Cause / Where It’s At / ??

ENCORE: Gamma Ray / Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat (Dylan) / Profanity Prayers / E Pro

3 comments:

gottagopractice said...

Snort!!!... (That was cereal milk in my nose.) What a visual! Aging hipster doofus!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hehehe, aging hipster doofus! That's just SS, I have no idea what it means. Back to my milk.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Award guys - it is very much appreciated!