Monday, September 01, 2008

Flexibility

Yesterday didn't go at all like I had planned. I was supposed to meet my friend A- and her husband for dim sum. A- called and said she wasn't feeling well. Then my friend M- called and asked if I wanted to meet her and her parents at the State Fair. I wasn't planning on going to the fair but thought I would be social so I agreed.

The state fairgrounds are about a mile from my house so for the past week and a half the boyz and I have had to put up with a lot of heavy traffic (both pedestrian and vehicular) around our house. For the boyz the worst part about the fair is around 10:30 at night when they shoot off fireworks.

I don't make it to the fair very often because in my entire life, I don't think I've ever really had a great experience there. It's lots of people, fried food on a stick, and seeing the same exhibits year after year. My favorite part usually is visiting the animal barns and yesterday was no exception. I think I bonded with a cow.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

At the last fair my Mommie went to, she saw a display to see "The World's Largest Horse!" She excitedly paid 50 cents for her ticket and went into the tent. Do you know what she saw? A medium sized Clydesdale horse.

Parker said...

My mommy gets sad at the fair cause she knows what happens to those poor cows later...