Monday, September 15, 2008

The Dare

The boyz and I took up Mr. Chen's winning dare as posted by our friends over at the Cat Realm.

"Mr. Chen dares you all to come up with one creative, fun, useful way to save the environment and put a picture of yourself doing it on your blog!"

After much thought the boyz and I decided to switch to an all natural litter called "Swheat Scoop." According to the manufacturer: "Each year, over 2 million tons of cat litter ends up in municipal solid waste landfills (Judd Alexander, In Defense of Garbage, Praeger 1993). Most of that litter, an estimated 100,000 truckloads per year, is made from clay that is mined and doesn’t biodegrade because it’s never reabsorbed by the earth. That’s why the time is right to consider the merits of a product like Swheat Scoop Natural Wheat Litter."

I'm interested to see how the boyz take to their green effort.

In other news we'd like to thank Parker for giving us a nice award. Thank you Parker.



7 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hi guys!!!! Good to see you all again. SS has been back for some time but has been too busy to help me blog and visit. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Yay! We applaud your efforts to save the environment!

Daisy said...

That is a wonderful idea!

Thank you so much for your bananer post in honor of Pixie. She would have loved it!

Parker said...

That was a great idea!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Bean is contemplating the use of Sweat Scoop on baseball fields, but does not think it will ever replace traditional kitty litter on the infield.

Unknown said...

I am very impressed in your taking of the dare. I look forward to hearing how all you boyz like the Wheat Litter, if it seems okay, perhaps I will give it a try. Although, I must admit I have visions of wheat sticking to my furs!

The Cat Realm said...

Thank you for taking the Dare! This is a wonderful idea, very thoughtful and efficient too! Good job!
Karl