Sunday, June 15, 2008

Stormy Weather

Some severe thunderstorms with 60 mph winds blew threw during the night. I think the boyz were a little concerned because I was greatly concerned. We have a large tree in our front yard that is much too close to the house so every storm with high winds gets my utmost attention. The branches of the tree were swaying intensely and I was all ready to run the boyz downstairs. Fortunately the one large branch that did fall fell away from the house. Thompson and Diego-san watched me watching the weather and I think both knew something severe was going on...

4 comments:

Karen Jo said...

It sounds like you had a very scary night. I hate high winds. We also have a tree far too close to the house, but it is quite sturdy. I am glad that the branch that fell didn't do any damage. I am sure that the boyz picked up on your anxiety. Cats are very good at that.

Ana said...

That sounds scary! We are glad nothing happened to you! Take care!

Daisy said...

Wowie, that sounds like a bad storm! I think the boyz are very brave, because I would be under the bed.

Dianna said...

Diamond goes into the bedroom closet and takes a cat nap during the storms. Wish I could be so calm, but the loud sounds made by the thunder keep waking me up.