Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Place of His Own

Theo sometimes acts as if he is still just visiting us and expects to return home to his foster mother's place any day now. While he does have his own routines and schedules, often times when Thompson, Diego-san and I are off in some room he'll be somewhere else in his own world looking like he wasn't invited to whatever it is we are doing.

That's why I was glad that over the weekend he finally really claimed a spot of his own in the house. It's a tall chair that I stuck in the corner of our dining area that he has on occasion enjoyed the view while sitting perched on the higher than normal seat. Over the weekend I finally got the repaired screen put on the window by the chair so Theo spent most of his free time sitting on the chair content as can be enjoying the fresh air that was drifting in from the open window. I think part of his spot's appeal is that neither Diego or Thompson has shown much interest in the location.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Theo's own spot! It's important to have somewhere that is just yours!

Daisy said...

It is good to have a spot of your very own.

Denise said...

Sweet Theo, I'm afraid he can't come home again. Oh, his foster mother will always welcome him, but I've moved to a different house from the one he knew. I'm glad he has a special spot in your house.

Ana said...

How great to hear Theo claimed his own spot! And nice to hear no one wants to take it away from him!