Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Back from Cut Bank, MT

My friend M- called me a couple of weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in taking a trip on an Amtrak. We looked around and determined a jaunt to Cut Bank, Montana was in our price range and distance (we wanted to get back in time not to miss any time at work).

It was a fun trip. Traveling by train is a very good way to see the country. We played a lot of Yahtzee and dominoes and watched a lot of movies. Of course the boyz were none too pleased to spend Memorial Day weekend alone but even Diego-san has somewhat forgiven me.

7 comments:

Karen Jo said...

The one time I travelled by train I found it very enjoyable. I'm glad you had a good trip and I am also glad that Diego-san has forgiven you for leaving them all alone again.

Daisy said...

Oh you are so lucky! About 2 years ago (when we lived in VA) my Mommie and Daddie planned a special trip to NY city. They were going to get on a train where they had reserved a little private room with a bed and a little bathroom and a TV and a tiny desk. They were going to spend the afternoon siteseeing and have a fancy dinner and stay overnight, then go home the next day.

Sadly, the train was 12 HOURS late, so they wouldn't have arrived until after midnight. After a lot of discussion, they ended up not going after all. They had to fight with the train company to get a full refund and not $50 less for the cancellation.

My Mommie cried a little because she was sad about not going.

Ana said...

Great to hear you had a nice weekend!

The last time I was in Germany I also spent 1 week traveling through the country by train.

Anonymous said...

That's one of the things on Mom's "to-do" list.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a nice trip. My Mum hasn't been on a train in North America, but when she was on a student exchange program in England she took trains all over the place, they are a great way to travel.

I am sure the boyz are glad you are home.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

What? Going away again and leave the Boyz alone? Shame on you!

Yes, train trips are generally enjoyable. SS travels in trains a lot, whether locally or overseas.

meemsnyc said...

That is a cute Penguin statue. Is it really that cold there?