Monday, March 03, 2008

Thompson's New Treat

Last summer a boy scout came to my door selling some stuff so his troop could go somewhere. I bought some popcorn from the young lad figuring it was a canister of popped popcorn. My bad... it turned out to be unpopped popcorn and in this day of microwave popcorn convenience, I was no longer an owner of a popcorn maker.

So a couple of weeks ago I finally found a cheap air popper. I've been enjoying popcorn snacks ever since. Of course with all the commotion, noise and smell, the boyz are interested in how this new activity applies to them. Thompson however is the only one who has been willing to sample the end product. He'll eat two or three kernels being pretty particular on what ones meet his inspection criteria. I usually put a handful down for him and he'll then happily munch down the ones he wants to. The smell must not appeal to either Diego or Theo because neither one has sampled the goods.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

I like popcorn, too! My Mommie usually takes a piece and breaks off the hard yellow part so it does not get stuck in my throat. I only like the soft white part anyway.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That's really funny, because I liked popped corn, especially if there is salt and butter on it. We never have popped corn often enough though.

Unknown said...

I have seen my Mum eat popcorn, but I have never tried it and Mum has never offered me any (how rude). I will have to try it next time.

I am glad that Theo jumped up on the table : )

Anonymous said...

We prefer Whipped Cream.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I have never tried it but perhaps SS could get some for me to try. I am not an adventurous eater and tend to stick to the same things, including snacks.