Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leaping Kitty

Given yesterday's tale of Diego-san's leaping skills I thought today I would recount my all time favorite Diego leaping story.

First a little background. Diego loves the sound of running water. Before Thompson and Theo discovered the joy of fresh water out of the tap, every time I would turn on a faucet Diego would come tearing into the room and hop up on the sink and get his nose right by the trickling water. Now days often Thompson or Theo will beat him to the favored spot, but to this day Diego still pretty much refuses to drink water from a bowl. The sound of water just seems to fascinate him. On laundry day he loves to jump up on the washing machine and watch the water come rushing out into the wash tub.

A couple of years ago I was taking my morning shower when I heard the bathroom door open. "Geez," I muttered. "Can't a guy have a little privacy..." I apparently hadn't latched the door shut and one of the boyz was able to pry it open. I looked over and saw a shadowy black figure pacing on the vanity across from the shower and from the way he moved I could tell which boy it was and exactly what was on his mind. "He wouldn't dare," I thought to myself. But before the thought was able to form coherently in my mind, Diego did what I didn't think he dared. He tried launching himself from the vanity over the glass shower door and into my shower.

Luckily (I guess) he didn't crash into the door but was able to get his front paws over the edge of the door. And so he hung from the top of the door unable to pull himself over. Without my glasses he was just this big black eclipse of a figure. I too wasn't strong enough to pull him over so he hung there for a few second dangling. I opened the door slowly but he fell off.

Ever since that day I've double checked to make sure the bathroom door is securely shut before I get into my shower...

6 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

That is funny. I am afraid of running water so I will go no where near the faucet OR the shower.

Daisy said...

Diego should have been a Circus cat! That's a funny stunt he pulled.

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, ha....that is so funny! It would have been even funnier if Diego was able to get over the glass - you would probably have had a black cat on your head : )

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I am reasonably sure that coyotes do not have money to pay the toll, so even if they came up this far, they could not get across the river.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Once Grayson accidently got in the bathtub. Boy, was he mad to find himself wet!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

That is a funny story. Bet you do check the door since that happened.
ML