Friday, March 21, 2008

Frolicker

I'm not sure I know the real meaning of the word "frolic." I don't know if I've ever truly frolicked in my life. I'm guessing the closest I've ever come to frolicking was in kindergarten when they taught us how to skip and I went home and practiced my new move. I think my skipping in the backyard may have qualified as frolicking but like I said I'm no expert at true frolicking.

That said, Theo has this move he does when he is playing (which of course is about 88 percent of the time). He prances beside me down the hallway and at the same time tries to jump up and tag me on the side with his front paws. I wish I could get a picture of the move because it cracks me up when he does it. If it's not frolicking, it's what I picture in my mind when I hear the word "frolic."

5 comments:

Karen Jo said...

That sounds like a very frolicsome move to me. I am trying to picture it in my mind and it seems amusing.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I frolic in grass all the time.

–noun 1. merry play; merriment; gaiety; fun.
2. a merrymaking or party.
3. playful behavior or action; prank.

–verb (used without object) 4. to gambol merrily; to play in a frisky, light-spirited manner; romp: The children were frolicking in the snow.
5. to have fun; engage in merrymaking; play merry pranks.

–adjective 6. merry; full of fun.

It very sad you never have any merry fun making.

Daisy said...

Your first paragraph made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

We frolic whenever we see a dragonfly or a butterfly. We have to jump and run at the same time. We think people are too afraid to let out their inner-frolic!

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

Yup I think that could definately be classified as frolicking...