Friday, July 06, 2007

The Right Culprit

Diego-san and I had a little bit of a rough evening last night.

I was busy fixing my dinner while watching Thompson enjoy his. I then saw Thompson stand up on his back legs to avoid getting hit by two flashing blurs of black fur running by. Theo was chasing Diego and they flew down the basement stairs. Later as I was eating my dinner I heard this big CRASH! coming from the basement.

So Thompson and I went down to investigate and saw that Diego had knocked some boxes off these old shelves I had built a long time ago. As is with all my handy work the shelves are rather shaky- not very stable and all they hold is the junk I've never had the energy to go through since the last time I moved (about 11 years ago).

Diego had hopped up on the top shelf to get away from Theo and I yelled at him because he very easily could have toppled the entire unit. He yowled back at me as I was yelling at him- letting me know he wasn't to blame, it was the little terror chasing him around the house that should be the one getting the lecture.

Later on I caught Diego licking dirty dishes in my kitchen sink. So he got yelled at again. The next time I saw him he was sulking, hanging his head over the edge of my computer desk as if to let me know he didn't appreciate the scoldings.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

I do not like scoldings either. My Mommie says "Daisy NO NO!" in a very stern voice.

Unknown said...

When my Mum scolds me I just pretend I can't hear her. Diego-San should learn to use his selective hearing like I do.

Unknown said...

Hey, my Mum is wondering if you know how to read Japanese? Bonnie Underfoot and Victor Tabbycat have found a Japanese cat that blogs and we are trying to figure out his name. http://2tabbys.blogspot.com/

Dma said...

Unfortunately no. My Japanese is limited to verbally being able to count to ten.