Saturday, June 16, 2007

Laundry Day

The one thing that Diego-san shares in common with the late great Mr. Max comes every laundry day. Max used to love laundry day. As soon as I headed into the bedroom he'd come tearing in from wherever he was in the house. When I removed the blankets and sheets from my bed he'd hop up and wait until I put on the new sheets. He especially liked when I'd throw the clean sheets high up in the air and let them come down like a parachute. Then he'd lie underneath the sheets and paw and bite at me. Afterward he'd be so wound up he'd tear around the house. Even in the end when he wasn't feeling well he made sure to be on the bed when I changed the sheets.

Diego-san doesn't quite have the same enthusiasm but he makes sure to come upstairs when he hears me changing the sheets. He too loves when I do the parachute thing and he like Mr. Max will paw and bite at my hand as I move it to make him spin and move underneath the sheets.

This morning when we were doing our laundry day trick Theo joined us. I assume he knew it was Diego underneath the sheets but he kept acting uncertain as if the formless shape that twitched and clawed was a gopher or something. Theo didn't know whether to go after my hand which was trying to make Diego move or go after Diego underneath the sheets. He eventually jumped up and did a perfect pirouette before running off the bed and into the distance.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kellie loves laundry day too. She likes to hide under the covers and purr. I have never done the parachute trick, I should try that.

Maybe Theo thought Diego was a bed bug : )

Shelley