Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Twins Win

I went to the Twins game last night. It was a very good game- they scored three runs in the eighth inning to tie the game and then got a three run home run from Justin Morneau in the 10th inning to win.

I scooted to the game and it turned out not to be the brightest decision I've ever made. Everybody was standing out in the mezzanine at the dome upon the game's completion. I looked out and it was pouring- rain coming down in sheets with frequent lightning and thunder.

Like most of the people there I waited until it sort of let up and then made a mad dash to my scooter which was parked about a mile away. I was pretty soaked when I got to my scooter and then the rain started coming down hard again so I waited underneath a building until it let up again. I realized scooting home in the rain and dark wasn't the safest thing to do. It doesn't help that I wear glasses and thus it was darn near impossible to see. But I didn't have much of a choice not knowing when the storm would eventually pass. I made it home safely. Thompson greeted me at the door with a look of concern and I swear, a look of disdain- as if he was telling me I really shouldn't be out there in weather like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Thompson was probably pacing around the house, looking out the windows waiting for you to come home. Darn humans scooting around town in poor weather, it must be hard on a cat spending all his time worrying about you : )