Friday, May 04, 2007

Curling's Over, It's Softball Time

We had our first softball practice of the season. Our first game is next week.

Of course with every passing year I'm wondering how much longer I'll be an effective softball player. Essentially my game is dependent on my legs- I'm still faster than many of the players. My hand/eye coordination is good, but it's my ability to run that is the strength of my game.

Since my most strenuous wintertime activity is curling (which quite frankly isn't that much of a cardiovascular workout) more and more I feel like I'm not quite in shape when softball season arrives.

Theo did his part in helping me out last night. I was scrambling looking for all my softball equipment and I opened a drawer that had a big crinkly cat toy ball inside. I moved it and Theo appeared in about two seconds ready to go. We played fetch for awhile which allowed me to stretch out my arm a bit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you could set up a cat crinkly ball team, I'm sure Theo is up for it : ) AND it would help keep your softball arm in shape.