Friday, February 23, 2007

I Speak Thompsonese

One of the things I really missed most about my boyz the past few weeks was the sound of Thompson's voice. He's such a vocal boy- and over the years I think I've learned what many of the variety of his meows and grunts mean.

This morning as I was getting dressed for work Thompson did his prolonged, semi-quiet but always pointed mrow- that indicates that it's about time to be fed. As I continued getting dressed I spoke to him- "Thompson I'll have your food in a moment..." to which he replied with an equally expressive mrow. This went on for a while- he looked at me anticipating my move towards the stairs that lead to the kitchen and more importantly his food dish. Every time I'd say something to him I'd get the same response- indicating that he didn't much care about what the discussion was about- his food dish was empty and it was time to do something about that.

No comments: