Friday, December 01, 2006

A-OK

Diego-san seems to be fine. I stopped home yesterday morning on my way to a meeting and I was a bit worried when he didn't greet me at the door. But before long he came down from upstairs and seemed like his usual self.

When I got home after work he was just fine. Ate his meal, and then got chased and chased Theo all around the house. Their chases usually end up with Diego hopping up somewhere higher than Theo is willing to try and climb- the kitchen table, my computer table, the top of the TV- and his favorite spot- on top of my baby grand piano in the living room.

It's amusing when Diego gets it in him that he's going to pounce on either Thompson or Theo and he's on top of the piano- his big tail will start wagging and he'll crouch low in the pouncing position- and then he'll get closer to his prey by stepping on the piano keyboard. This of course creates plenty of noise to alert anyone in the house that something is about to happen. Thompson will usually take the cue and scamper away. Theo on the other hand seems oblivious and will eventually allow Diego to jump down at him. This is what happened last night and the chase was on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad Diego is okay! I guess like people they have "off" days too.