Sunday, December 10, 2006

Enough is Enough

I long ago gave up the fight against cat hair in my house. When the late great Mr. Max lived with me, I discovered it was just about impossible to stay ahead of his shedding. Now with three feline roommates, the struggle is impossible. Cat hair clings to my comforters and clothes. It lurks in every corner of the house. I'll vacuum a rug and in 20 seconds cat hair will appear as if by magic.

Yesterday I got a rare cleaning bug and decided it was a day to at the very least put an effort into making my house cat hair free. I vacuumed all my rugs, swiffed my hard wood floors and even cleaned out the bathrooms. All this activity of course was very traumatic for Thompson in particular. He's scared silly by the vacuum cleaner and further gets upset by anything particularly unpredictable that I do.

It took well into the evening after all the cleaning was done for him to stop having a world is coming to an end look in his sad eyes...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

People without cats just can't fathom the amount of hair one cat can shed. I try to keep on top of the hairballs, but sometimes if I'm tired I get lax and it isn't until I find the hairballs swirling around my feet when I walk that I get busy with the vaccuum : )