Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Team

It still warms my heart to see the bond that Thompson and Diego-san have. They don't play together as much as they did when I first brought them into the household but they clearly have a respect for one another that they don't share with Theo.

If Theo walks by Thompson when Thompson is not in a playful mood, Thompson will hiss and growl. If Diego does the same- Thompson is just fine.

Likewise if Diego is lying peacefully and Theo tries to lie down next to him, most of time Diego will move to another spot. Not so if Thompson comes by and does exactly the same thing Theo tried.

I think in a way Theo has strengthened their connection- given them something else to bond over. They were together several months in a foster home before I adopted them (the adoption woman wanted them to find a home together since they got along so well). Thus they have been together longer than they've been with me and it shows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Diego San/Thompson connection. It's so nice that Diego San was there for support when Thompson needed him and it is also nice that you adopted them together and kept the bond strong : )