Thursday, November 16, 2006

Clean Up Time

Clipped all the boyz' nails yesterday. Theo and Diego don't seem to mind too much. For them I hold them in my lap with their belly facing up. I hold each paw and try to find the nail before too much squirming occurs.

Thompson doesn't like to be held in such a fashion so for him the process is a bit trickier. I have to try and wait until he's lying calmly somewhere- then I go over and try to calm him some more. Once I think he's ready I hold him down gently, and try to clip his nails as quickly as I can. He always ends up growling a deep belly growl and I can tell he's not too happy with me. But he never holds a grudge and usually later in the evening he'll come by for a face rub.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that reminds me I have to cut Kellie's nails. When she walks around the house right now it sounds like she has teeny tiny high heel shoes on, tap, tap, tap, tap :)

Like Thompson, Kellie does not like to be held down. I have to do like you and wait till she is calmly settled in somewhere and then gently grab a paw and clip without annoying her too much : )

At least Thompson has a reason for not wanting to be held down, I think Kellie is just a prima-donna.