Tuesday, October 10, 2006

His Trick- Staying Warm

I'm not sure it qualifies as a pet trick but Diego-san has learned a behavior that ends in reward.

He has learned that when I'm underneath my covers and he comes and uses his front paws to try and pull back the covers that I'll let him underneath with me. Now that the brisk weather is returning- Diego has pulled out this move from his bag of tricks.

It can be a tad annoying because he doesn't care if I'm asleep or awake- when he decides he wants to be underneath the covers he'll do his thing and ultimately I'll have to give in because he just won't stop. Besides on real cold nights I'm glad to have him so close by- his fur and body heat feel pretty darn good when I'm struggling to otherwise stay warm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kellie does this, she taps on the blankets until I lift the covers. Just like Diego though, she doesn't care if I'm awake or not : )