Friday, September 22, 2006

Staying Put

After weeks of head wrenching back and forth thought and soul searching I decided to turn down the job offer to a job that seemed to offer a tremendous opportunity.

My current employer made it clear that they really wanted me to stay- and they've offered to put me on some special projects that might be interesting.

Still, I'm not entirely sure I made the right choice. I thought that once I made my decision the stress of trying to figure out what direction my career should go- would lessen. It didn't. Instead I just felt a gripping numbness- and the unrelenting feeling that I will look back at all this three years from now and wonder why I didn't change things when I had the chance.

Of course coming home to the boyz was a tonic for the blues. Once we settled into our evening routine- some of the disappointment began to lessen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you made a decision, even though you sometimes end up second guessing yourself at least you can get on with things and stop debating! Good luck!