Friday, June 02, 2006

Keeping in Touch

The boyz seem satisfied that I'm back home. Judging from their actions it appears the two day supply of food was gone in about half a day.

Of course if I could teach the boyz how to read email then I could stay in touch with them whenever I'm on the road. This probably isn't too realistic in that it would require: a) teaching them how to read; b) teaching them how to use a computer; c) teaching them why we call the device to get around a computer a 'mouse;' d) teaching them to be interested enough in reading my emails to them.

That seems like a lot of work. And a lot of the work likely would entail the use of opposable thumbs. If I did teach them to have that much manual dexterity, they'd also likely learn how to open the refrigerator and get to their food. That would mean coming home to three fifty pound cats.

Besides, I suspect that when I'm gone the boyz miss my warmth more than my warm personality so my emails probably wouldn't mean much to them anyway.

No comments: