Thursday, May 11, 2006

Windows 3.1

I have skylights in my bedroom in the upper wing of the house. During the summer I love to lie in bed and look at the moon and stars above and listen to the birds and crickets sing.

Unfortunately I think these sky facing windows confuse and/or frustrate the boyz. When the skylights are open and we are all sitting upstairs randomly doing our own thing, the boyz will hear noises from outside- voices, cars, the clanking of the mailbox flap closing shut from across the street. Not being able to see what is causing these sounds often causes looks of concern from the boyz. Diego actually has tried climbing the walls, and hopping on furniture that gets him closer to the skylight- all in attempt I suppose, of thinking he can sit and see outside.

In designing the upper wing I thought the boyz (and I might) enjoy the fresh air allowed by open skylights and the extra sun afforded. I hadn't considered curiousity might win out over nature appreciation.

No comments: