Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Who Me, Worry?

Thompson is our worrier. And in a world where he has plenty to worry about, an empty dinner dish ranks at the top of his list. When Thompson senses it's time to be fed he'll make sure that I understand that the dinner dishes lack food and he'll do whatever he can to remind me of that as often as it takes.

He knows the routine. He knows that once I'm up and about, and after my morning shower that it's breakfast time. He'll wait pretty patiently as I get dressed letting out timed gutteral meows to rush me as much as he can. He'll run to the top of the stairs and look down and from around the corner of the stairs I won't be able to see him but I certainly can hear him.

When I finally stroll over to be at the top of the stairs, Thompson will quickly run down a few but stop until he's sure that I'm following him. Once he's confident I'm climbing down the stairs he'll run down as fast as he can. (It's a little difficult for him to walk down stairs slowly as he has to make sure he maintains the right balance with each and every step and stop.) By this time Theo has flown down the stairs and is strutting around downstairs but Thompson always manages to be the first in front of the dishes.

No comments: