Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Where Am I Now?

Theo has lived in this house just over a year. I think he is still sometimes perplexed by all the goings on inside these walls. One of the many inside jokes Thompson, Diego, and I have shared over the years (well at least one of us) is when I walk in the front door and only one cat greets me. If it's Diego that comes to the door and Thompson doesn't I'll ask Diego, "Where's Thompson? Did you eat him?" Or vice versa if Diego is missing.

I swear those two boyz either moan or snarl when they hear this joke one more time. Theo's reaction is also always the same. He'll look at me with that big blank look on his face as if he doesn't understand the joke. Or it's always brand new to him.

Our bedtime routine also seems to catch him by surprise even though it rarely changes. As I'm getting ready for bed I'll usually watch a TV show, brush Diego and give Thompson a pat on the noggin. For the past few weeks Theo has taken this window of time to get all riled up, chasing imaginary bunnies and causing Thompson and Diego to watch him wearily and warily.

No comments: