Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Accidents Do Happen

I was on my way to work this morning. The streets were still pretty bad from yesterday's storm. The snow had been removed but there were spots of ice on the road that made things both bumpy and slippery. I passed a big black Jeep who kept hitting her brakes- dangerous driving because it's braking that will cause you to spin and slide.

She showed me though. A couple of miles down the road I was at a stop light and I saw her in my rear view mirror coming towards me way too fast. Even if it had been dry out I'm not sure she could have stopped in time. Sure enough as she got closer and closer I braced myself for the impact of the collision. With cars in front of me waiting for the light to change, there was nowhere I could go. WHAP! I got out of my car and saw it was a young woman behind the wheel of the Jeep. I think she thought I'd be angry. She was apologetic but calm. When I asked for her insurance information she gave me a sheet of paper. She told me her name was Jasmine and as we got back in our cars/Jeeps she told me she hoped the rest of my day would be better. What could I say to that?

My bumper is detached from the fender is quite bent so I'm guessing it won't be an inexpensive repair. Worse is my back is stiff so I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow. I got home in the evening and was hoping for some sympathy from my housemates. Instead, the only item on their agenda was to let me know the food dishes were empty.

My boyz have gotten into the routine of the their days. I enjoy knowing what to expect (most of the time) when I get home. Still on days like today when something hits you out of the blue, it would be nice if the boyz could comprehend that things are rough out there. I guess that's what people are for. Still I can't complain. Thompson, Diego-san, and Theo are quite good at comforting, calming, and entertaining.

No comments: